Friday, February 10, 2017
It is the Valentine's Day conundrum when the holiday d'amour lands on a workday. Taking a day into night look, when your significant other has booked dinner straight after work, can leave you spinning. You have no time to run home to spruce up, change from day to night makeup, and elevate your work clothes to nighttime glamor. Take a deep breath, there are a few simple steps that can take the office look into that come-hither-sweep-me-off-my-feet look with a short stop in the powder room. Daytime makeup tends to be classic, subtle and simple. Night is a time to sparkle, make your eyes dramatic and bring a bolder color to your lips. At Amy's Salon, we use AVEDA, but you can just as easily use these steps with what you have in your skin care and makeup kit.
Classic and demure daytime:
1. Start with AVEDA Botanical Kinetics Crème Cleanser to give a fresh glow to your skin.
2. Pat your face with a soft towel and apply AVEDA Botanical Kinetics Toning Mist.
3. Add moisture to your refreshed skin with AVEDA Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion.
4. Next apply a tinted moisturizer for an allover even warmth.
5. Apply your daytime look as you always would. Off to work!
Glowing and glamorous to head out for the night:
1. Start with AVEDA Cacao Eye Definer on the lid where you want it to be the darkest.
2. Use a blending brush to blend toward the center of your lid.
3. Apply the darkest color in AVEDA Copper Haze on top of eye definer and along the lower lash line.
4. Next apply the middle color across the rest of your lid.
5. With the single shade of illumination apply to the center of your eye and brow bone.
6. Lightly dust illumination on the inner corner of your eye and cheekbone.
7. Add a fresh coat of AVEDA Mosscara to make lashes lush and thick.
1. Start with AVEDA Nourish-Mint Renewing Lip Treatment.
2. Next cover lips with AVEDA's winter/fall collection Tarragona Lip Liner
3. Top it off with AVEDA's winter fall collection Carnelian Lip Color.
4. And to pull it all together, gently powder face with AVEDA Inner Light™ Mineral Loose Powder.
5. Throw on a colorful scarf, some shoulder dusting earrings and a necklace and/or bracelet with a little dazzle, and you are ready to hit the town!
"We planned a mani/pedi session with 5 young ladies for our daughter's 10th birthday. The staff was super friendly and engaged all the girls in friendly chit-chat. They all worked quickly and with great detail! Thank you for making our little girl's special day one to remember!"